Fresh concrete cannot compact, only vibration can overcome the force because the poor fluidity cannot surpass internal friction.
In fact, vibration promotes:
- surfacing of air bubbles captured in the concrete;
- displacement of aggregates resulting in a reduced cavity and giving high density and perfectly even material;
- adhesion of the concrete to the reinforcement armature bars or any inner structural inserts.
- high mechanical strength
- low level porosity and therefore permeability to water and aggressive agents contained therein
- no cracks inside the cement and near the reinforcement armature bars
- completely filled formwork
- longer life cycle of the concrete
- high aesthetic results