We offer a wide range of trough screw conveyors tailored to your specific requirements. Our experienced engineers can assist you in selecting a trough screw conveyor system that fits your application needs, including considerations for material characteristics, desired capacity, layout constraints, and any specific industry regulations.
Trough screw conveyors, also known as trough augers, are a popular type of screw conveyor used for the efficient transportation of bulk materials. They are designed with a U-shaped or trough-shaped casing that encloses the screw, providing a contained pathway for material movement. Here’s why trough screw conveyors are widely used and how they can benefit your operations:
- Gentle Material Handling: Trough screw conveyors are well-suited for handling delicate or fragile materials. The enclosed casing prevents material from spilling or getting damaged during transport, ensuring gentle handling.
- Versatile Material Compatibility: These conveyors can handle a wide range of materials, including powders, granules, flakes, pellets, and other bulk solids. They are commonly used in industries such as agriculture, food processing, chemical, mining, and wastewater treatment.
- Efficient Material Transport: Trough screw conveyors offer efficient material transport over both short and long distances. The screw inside the trough rotates, creating a forward movement of material along the conveyor’s length.
- Flexibility in Design: Trough screw conveyors can be designed to suit various applications and layouts. They can be straight, inclined, or curved to navigate through different angles and heights, accommodating specific spatial requirements.
- Ease of Maintenance: These conveyors are generally easy to maintain, with minimal moving parts and simple designs. Regular inspection and routine maintenance ensure optimal performance and extend the conveyor’s lifespan.
- Controllable Material Flow: By adjusting the screw’s rotational speed, you can control the material flow rate in a trough screw conveyor. This feature allows for better process control and optimization of material handling operations.
- Trough screw diameters of 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500 and 600mm.
- Numerous inlet and outlet options including spigot, round and square flanges and universal.
- Standard or custom built screw conveyors including options for multiple inlets and outlets, liners and wear bars, reversible operation and with inspection hatches as required.
- Shaft or Shaftless options available for flights.
- Throughputs of up to 100m³ / hr.