On arrival the septage tanker is connected to VFA DM Septage Receiving Station by means of a Perrot joint. The tanker truck then starts unloading the sludge into the station. The liquid is conveyed to the purification process while solid waste is withheld, washed and compacted inside the station.
The VFA DM Septage Receiving Station is equipped with an integrated perforated plate VSA Drum Screen which washes, conveys and dewaters waste water screenings.
Both screen basket and dewatering zone are self-cleaning. Rotating around its axis, the cylindrical filter conveys the screenings into a loading hopper placed in the centre. A set of spray nozzles washes the filter during operation. A screw, placed inside the conveying pipe, with its top inside the discharge hopper, conveys the screenings towards the following treatment stages during which organic substances are washed out. Subsequently, solids are compacted and dewatered in the compacting and drainage area. Finally, solids are discharged through a discharge chute.
- 3 sizes available
- Solids concentration up to 2-3%
- Dual motor drive system
- Drum screen round hole openings 5.0 – 6.0 mm wide
- Drum screen incline angle: 25 degrees
- Frame manufactured from 304 L / 316 L SS
- Spiral manufactured from special ST 52 steel, optionally 304 L / 316 L SS
- Dual motor drive system – drum and auger driven independently
- 4 RPM drum speed and 10 RPM auger speed maximising cleaning efficiency and solids removal
- 25 degree incline angle increases solids capacity
- No sediments thanks to specual tank design
- Extended hopper increases solids capturing efficiency
- Absence of lower drum support arm eliminates rag accumulation