TP Screw Conveyors are used in the same sectors as the TU-type if the throughput rate reached by the latter is insufficient to meet the needs of the application (feeders or conveyors for cement, fly-ash, filler dust, silica fume in concrete production, hot and cold filler dust in asphalt production, plasters, sand, cement, additives in processing of premixed building materials, calcium carbonate, soda, sand, in glass processing, sand and bentonite in foundries, and in many other industrial sectors). Extra-heavy-duty TE Screw Conveyors, on the other hand, are almost exclusively used for continuous operation in cement, gypsum, and lime factories, as well as in the mining industry.
TP and TE-type Screw Conveyors are designed for medium heavy-duty (TP) and extra heavy-duty (TE) applications. Manufactured from carbon steel with a suitable surface finishing, they are made up from a tubular trough equipped with at least one inlet and outlet spout, an end plate flanged on each tube end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with coupling bush (TP) or flanged coupling (TE) at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with adjustable shaft seal, and a number of intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor. TP / TE Tubular Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor and in most cases with an additional power transmission suitable for the application.
- Vast selection of inlet and outlet spouts, end bearing assemblies and shaft seals
- Reliable in tough operating conditions
- Local after-sales service provided by WAM subsidiaries
- Additional inlet / outlet spouts
- Additional inspection hatches
- Trough feet
- External tube supports
- Screws (augers) with different design features
- Equipment for rotation indicator assembly
- Drive options: direct with or without semi-elastic shaft transmission coupling, chain transmission, belt transmission
TP / TE Tubular Screw Conveyors are NOT suitable for food applications.