AirScrape® has been designed to be a highly effective contact-free conveyor skirting and sealing system that acts as a side seal, suspended over the conveyor belt. The innovative design delivers a tri-fold positive effect that includes material spillage and dust formation reduction, particularly at critical transfer points. With its unique diagonal arrangement of hardened lamellae, air is led from the outside into the middle of the belt, creating powerful air suction. The material movement together with the moving belt support increases the suction effect enabling fine dust particles to remain in the conveyor section. Coarse materials pushing outward are led back to the middle of the belt by the lamellae which can significantly minimise spillage. Additionally, due to the skirting and sealing system’s ability to hover freely above the conveyor belt, skirt friction and belt damage can be eliminated, service life of other conveyor components can also be extended.
AirScrape® is available in pairs of left and right hand side 2 metre inter-connectable pieces to form any required length and is available for belt overhangs (G) of 55 – 143 mm in the sizes Large, Medium and Small.
- Works effectively on both large and fine particles.
- Minimises dust emission and explosion hazards.
- Hardened steel blades are effective in reducing skirt wear.
- Reduced motor power requirement as there is no belt-skirt friction.
- Minimises product loss.
- Reduction in maintenance and replacement cost.
- Easy installation by utilising existing clamping system.
- Continuous skirting with no gaps.
- Contributes to health and environmental protection.