Electric Concrete Pokers
Electric Concrete Pokers also known as Needles are used to overcome the poor fluidity and internal friction within the fresh concrete to release the air bubbles and compact the concrete mix.
Fresh concrete cannot compact, only vibration can overcome the force because the poor fluidity cannot surpass internal friction.
In fact, vibration promotes:
- surfacing of air bubbles captured in the concrete;
- displacement of aggregates resulting in a reduced cavity and giving high density and perfectly even material;
- adhesion of the concrete to the reinforcement armature bars or any inner structural inserts.
- high mechanical strength
- low level porosity and therefore permeability to water and aggressive agents contained therein
- no cracks inside the cement and near the reinforcement armature bars
- completely filled formwork
- longer life cycle of the concrete
- high aesthetic results