GRITSEP DS Grit Classifier
Inquip distributes Grit Classifiers that ensure the efficient separation of grit or sand from waste water via decantation through screw conveyors.
The GRITSEP DS Grit Classifier consists of an inclined screw conveyor with a large volume decanting hopper for sedimentation including a water inlet and outlet spout, a shaftless screw housed in a trough, a low-friction anti-wear trough liner, a trough cover, an outlet spout for solid particles, and a drive unit mounted at the outlet end.
Water to be cleaned flows through the inlet spout of the Classifier into the decanting hopper where sedimentation of the solid particles takes place. Low screw rotation speed improves sedimentation and sees to conveying and discharging of de-watered grit and sand through the upper outlet. Clean water exits through the side discharge spout of the hopper.
- Absence of bearings
- Low installation and maintenance costs
- Shaftless heavy-duty screw ensuring durability
- Low speed
- Easily replaceable bolted wear bars
- Hopper manufactured from stainless steel
- Shaftless screw made up from sections of heavy-duty spiral
- Trough manufactured from stainless steel and lined with bolted stainless steel wear bars
- Liquid throughput: 5 ~ 36 m3/h (3 ~ 21 cfm)
- Solids throughput: 0.06 ~ 0.36 dm3/s (0.1 ~ 0.7 cfm)
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Sludge Treatment
- Beverage Industry Waste Water
- Food Processing & Catering Waste Water
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing Waste Water
- Pulp & Paper Processing, Starch & By-products Processing
- Tanneries, Dyeing Works
- Plastics Recycling Industry Waste Water
- Municipal Waste Water Treatment